Sunday, April 10, 2011

A New Hallelujah

It has been a while since I have blogged.  Have lots to say, just need to get it all worked out in my head. 

So, today, instead of writing about grief, I am going to write something positive.  This is more of a journal entry about God's amazing faithfulness.  I love looking back and seeing His fingerprints everywhere.

I had a wonderful day at Church today.  A couple weeks ago, I noticed our Pastor looking around for someone to help counsel a young woman who had responded during the Invitation.  And it hit me.  I can help.  I love Evangelism, isn't that what we are called to do.  I love sharing Christ with people.  Here I am, at my Church, equipped and ready to share and have not been in this specific setting.  Well, that had to stop.  So, I told Matt the next day.  Hey, I want to be available, expectant and ready, for people who want to know Christ!  This seems so obvious... and is a HUGE need, and not just in the Church during Invitation.  Just look at our world.  OY!  However, for me, right now, I can do this specifically!

LIVE IT OUT!

So, this morning, I went down with Matt, waiting and praying for lives to be changed.  Sure enough, I got my "New Hallelujah!"  (Michael W. Smith)

Let us sing love to the nations
Bringing hope of the grace that has freed us
Make Him known and make Him famous
Sing it out sing a new Hallelujah

Chorus

Arise!!!
Let the church Arise
Let love reach to the other side
Alive come alive
Let the song Arise 


We sang this song this morning.  It is quite appropriate for me today.  I found my new Hallelujah again! 

This young woman was such a blessing to me.  She got saved!  GLORY to God!  HALLELUJAH!!!  There was a party in Heaven, right at that moment!  (Luke 15:7)  She now has life and hope in Christ!  I don't know about you, but seeing this happen in a person's life NEVER gets old!  I even have a new perspective on Heaven now to share.  I have always talked about the "happily ever after forever after," but now, it is SO much more personal.  I appreciate this young woman listening to my "ramblings."  We got to cry together and she got saved!!!  Did I mention that?!!!  What a great time to come to Jesus!  She plans to get baptized on Easter Sunday, seriously!  Makes me so happy!

I cannot just sing about having passion to make Him known and not do anything about it.  Today, I was called to Arise again!  And I don't want to ever tire of doing just that!  It makes me come alive!  Thrills my heart.  (Insert very exciting terms here!)  All this to say, even in my grief, the Lord gave me a new Hallelujah (which has been a difficult word for me to say) but I am so grateful!  HALLELUJAH!!!

Thank You, Lord, for the hope we have in You. 
All of life comes down to just one thing, that's to know You, oh Jesus, and make You known! ("Single-minded" by Charlie Hall)

5 comments:

  1. What a blessing you are! Praise the Lord for his continued faithfulness. Love ya Shiloh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of the best hallelujahs i have heard shiloh. thank you for always sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It was a great day. He is so good to me. Great is His Faithfulness!!! Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a testimony of obedience and faithfulness to our Lord and Savior! More Hallelujahs!!! Much love <3 ~ Linda Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a testimony to me, sweet Linda. Miss those Hallelujah moments at the PRC! Clapping when the bell rings! Angels singing! That is what it is all about. Love you too so much.

    ReplyDelete