Thursday, February 10, 2011

One month ago

Monday, January 10, 2011
I remember the night before my Mom passed quite well.  Matt and Dad were watching the College Football National Championship.  I was in her room listening to her hum to 70s music.  Each night it would get harder and harder to say good night.  But this night, for some reason, I just started weeping uncontrollably.  Matt and Dad came in about 11:00 P.M.  They both were wondering if something significant had happened.

Nothing had happened.  The Hospice nurse had come that day and said her breathing was becoming a bit more apnea style, but that was normal. 

The truth is, looking back now, it was my last night with her and I guess, somehow, I knew it.  You can never prepare for these things.  And this night, I knew it was the end.

"The End."  What horrifying, profound, fascinating words.  This process absolutely blows my mind.

More tomorrow.  The inevitable "one month" mark.  Lots to say.

2 comments:

  1. I'm listening! I think writing is a great way to express your feelings and what you have and are going through. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad you started your blog and look forward to reading it!!! you have a way of being very open and honest. love you!

    ReplyDelete