Monday, April 2, 2012

All Star Bucket Fillers

Today, Bennett received his first "Bucket Filler" award in Pre-K.  This award is given out to two students per class once a quarter, so it is a pretty big honor.  The award is based on the childrens book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids."
 

"As the pages turn, children learn the meaning of the terms, bucket filling and bucket dipping and discover that when they fill someone's bucket, they fill their own. This popular book's call to action is: Why not decide to be a bucket filler today and every day?"

His teacher said this about him.  "I love to see you smile every morning.  When you smile, it makes me smile.  You are such a loving, caring and compassionate classmate to all your friends.  Thank you for being a great bucket filler."


I love this about my boys!  They really are Bucket Fillers.  They give JOY!  They fill people's buckets with kind words and love.  You can't help but be filled to overflowing when you encounter them.

Did I mention Preston has also received this award in Kindergarten and First Grade?


This makes me one proud Momma!  May they never lose sight of the power of encouragement! 

I am humbled by how easy this comes for them.  When do we as adults forget about this being a priority? 

I have definitely been learning about seeking JOY, but do I always strive to give it?  I learn so much from my children.  They inspire and motivate me in so many ways.

I am blessed and so grateful!  Glory to God for my two Bucket Fillers!
Every time your name comes up in my prayers, I say, "Oh, thank You, God!" I keep hearing of the love and faith you have for the Master Jesus, which brims over to other believers. And I keep praying that this faith we hold in common keeps showing up in the good things we do, and that people recognize Christ in all of it. Friend, you have no idea how good your love makes me feel, doubly so when I see your hospitality to fellow believers. 

Philemon 1:4-7 (MSG)


May we all fill someone's bucket today and every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment