I have been having a hard time lately. Nothing specific, just sad. Things trigger it. It could be something small or something extremely significant.
We redecorated our guest room. That is where my Mom was until her last day. I took down the pictures that we had put up for her to look at. I had put up a picture of her for the Hospice nurses to see, along with a page of things for them to take note of. All that is gone now. The room looks different, which I guess is OK. There is a frame of Disney memories, with a picture of her at the center.
We also gave her clothes to my Aunt. Bless Matt's heart. He packed them up for us. My Dad and I could barely look at the clothes. I kept a couple of shirts that had special meaning to us. I am trying to think of something creative to do with them. I don't sew, so I will probably frame them or something. I don't know.
We went to Branson over Spring Break for my Granny's 80th Birthday. It just feels like there is something missing on these kinds of trips.
We have also been Spring cleaning. It is amazing the things you find.
And, we planted some perennial flowers and lavender; bright purples and pinks. They cheer up our house and look really pretty. My Mom liked to plant flowers. I was out at their property the other day and saw some daffodils all over in random places. She planted those. It is cool that every year they will come back.
There is a lot of work to do still. Dad has said he knows we need to start going through her stuff. I guess we have just been postponing the inevitable. It is just hard.
Today, when Dad showed up, he said he has been having a hard time this week too. Interesting. Actually, he said this week has been the hardest so far. For him, he has been trying to finish their house. I think we have him convinced that he needs to hire it out. There is nothing holding him in Chandler, never was before and especially, not now. We are really wanting the Wellston house to get done, so Chateau Jan Marie can become official. He is planning to continue their gardens. He has lots of vegetables growing. And now, he is talking about planting a vineyard, which I think would be super cool. But, still, it is hard.
There is just really no getting over this. You can't just move on. We are both definitely still frozen in time. But, life keeps moving forward, with or without your permission...
No comments:
Post a Comment