These stories are not in any order. They are just a glimpse of this overwhelming experience. Again, my words do not capture the enormity of it all.
While in Uganda, we got to go to visit the Karamajong Tribe.
I met a boy named, Joseph. He is 12 years old. He stayed close by my side while we were there. He was very sweet and protective. He would tell me to put my camera away when he thought it might get broken or taken. He had family there too. He is in the middle of this picture.
Something very beautiful about Africa is that they want to sing and dance for you, which is right up my alley. Loved it! This group of children and women were so lovely. We got to see the children sing. Joseph's sister sang in the group. Then, the ladies performed for us. It was beautiful. The worship is so sincere and genuine. I was so moved.
I experienced something here that I have never seen before. Our team was presented with gifts, lots of them. They gave us eggs, bananas, lettuce, hand woven mats, baskets, beads, a sign, a bag and more. It was too much. It was so humbling. Again, I was moved to tears. I just can't describe it.
Next, came the beads. All the women holding up their beautiful creations. How do you choose? It was so difficult. I wish I could have bought from each one of these women.
I did buy a bracelet from sweet Joseph. He made it so he could sell it to get money for school fees.
I was given a bracelet by one of the women, just for coming over to see their lovely work.
And by the way, I did buy several necklaces from them. I would have bought more, but ran out of money...
Please pray for the Karamajong Tribe.
"Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own." 2 Corinthians 8:2-3
This may be taking Scripture out of context, but I literally got to experience this right in front of me. It was something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I will not get over it. And I pray I learn to give like these people gave.
To God be the Glory. Amen.
beautiful
ReplyDelete-KellyG.